Careers at CFA Institute
With offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region, our staff consists of more than 450 employees from around the world. Learn about the benefits of working at CFA Institute.
Browse our postings by office location. Interested applicants should submit a CV/resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Current Open Positions
- Director, Society Advocacy Engagement-EMEA Standards and Financial Market Integrity
The Director – Society Advocacy Engagement EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) serves as the regional leader for CFA Institute efforts to engage our EMEA societies in conducting advocacy outreach to local stakeholders: society members, government, industry, and the public. The Director will help to train and support volunteers at each EMEA region society to engage in ethical leadership and education; promote CFA Institute standards, research policy positions; and advise policy makers in the formulation of sound regulation/public policy. Primary responsibilities include the coordination of EMEA society advocacy efforts with the resources, staff, and priorities of CFA Institute, and communication among the society advocacy volunteers within the EMEA region. The Director is accountable for developing and sustaining a strong local advocacy effort among the societies of the EMEA region and for tracking the efforts of those societies.
As a member of the EMEA Standards and Financial Market Integrity (SFMI) Team, the Director will support the Head of SFMI - EMEA in conducting regional policy outreach, in developing regional policy positions, and in coordinating delivery of regional policy by societies in the region. The Director will spend approximately 25% of his/her time developing policy positions, conducting research, and contributing to policy work of the EMEA SFMI Team. The Director will spend 75% of his/her time leading the EMEA regional society advocacy efforts and contributing to the global priorities of the Standards and Financial Market Integrity (SFMI) division.
The position is headquartered in London, UK or Brussels, Belgium and reports to the Head – SFMI – EMEA.
1. Oversee regional efforts to engage CFA Institute societies in promotion of ethics, standards, and policy in EMEA
- Coordinate regional planning and delivery of advocacy support and resources with global Director – Society Advocacy Engagement and SFMI regional Head
- Maintain list of advocacy chairs at each EMEA region society and communicate with them regularly
- Train and support volunteers at each EMEA region society as they engage locally in advocacy outreach
- Monitor the advocacy activities of EMEA region societies, tracking society plans, outreach, and impacts
- Manage the ongoing support of, communications between, and relationship with the local society Policy Councils/Committees and SFMI policy staff including participation in local committee conference calls
- Organize and participate in ongoing regional advocacy communications, periodic volunteer training sessions, and development of regional society advocacy resources in consultation with region SFMI staff, Stakeholder Services staff, and volunteer leaders
- Participate in outreach activities in key markets in EMEA region – jointly with local society volunteers and regional staff – by reviewing content, making presentations, and attending meetings in those markets
- Support translation of CFA Institute codes, standards, and other SFMI policy-related documents into local languages by local societies and/or outside service providers
- Support increasing levels of local advocacy outreach by EMEA societies, cooperation among multiple societies within the region, and coordination of local society activities in support CFA Institute regional policy outreach to the European Commission and other regional policy makers
2. Support global efforts to plan, develop, and deliver communications, training, and support to society advocacy volunteers around the world
- Contribute to implementing global strategy for Society Advocacy Engagement as directed by the global Director – Society Advocacy Engagement
- Support the development and distribution of global guidelines and resources for society advocacy volunteers including funding support, best practices, training, web-based products, and pass-through communications materials (issue summaries, presentations, talking points)
- Integrate SFMI activities and information with global and regional Society Services communications, events, and resources – including engagement with PCRs, presentations at society leadership conferences and regional meetings, online resources through the Society Leader Resource Center, direct links on individual society websites, and society leader newsletters
3. Contribute to policy development through outreach by the SFMI division in EMEA
- Support and advance policy positions, conduct research, and contribute to the policy work of the SFMI Division in EMEA as directed by the Head of SFMI in EMEA
- Contribute to new project and research ideas for future development of SFMI
- Contribute to the ongoing communications of SFMI positions and activities through preparation of articles, blog posts, and other content
- Support the regional plans and activities of CFA Institute in EMEA
4. Represent CFA Institute and the Standards and Financial Market Integrity Division in various internal and external meetings and activities
- Create and deliver PowerPoint presentations, webcasts, and live speeches in support of the CFA Institute standards and positions and SFMI activities including staff meetings, society leadership meetings and volunteer workshops, local society-sponsored advocacy outreach events, and outside industry conferences
- Participate in regular CFA Institute non-advocacy activities in conjunction with advocacy-related travel including Charter Awards, CFA Program presentations, CFA Exam administration, CFA Institute educational conferences, and other activities
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, advanced degree is preferred
- CFA Charter is required
- Significant experience in organizing and managing volunteers in a multinational environment preferred
- Some knowledge of government policy setting, government relations, and/or public relations is helpful
- Minimum 5 years experience in investment management, securities analysis, or related financial services
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with volunteer leaders, and senior industry practitioners
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Self-starter and highly motivated – ability to work independently
- Fluency in English required; multilingual would be useful
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets and issues, ideally within the EMEA region
- Experience in project management, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Travel will be approximately 20-30 percent of the time, including some global travel
← Back to all jobs
*Please note, certain positions at CFA Institute may be precluded from participation in the CFA Program and/or the CIPM Program.