Completing Your Answer Sheet
Level I (multiple choice), Level II (item set), and the PM session of Level III (item set)
It is your responsibility to complete the answer sheet correctly to ensure all information is accurately recorded during grading and your results are correctly reported back to you. See more instructions for completing an answer sheet (PDF).
You must bring your own sharpened No. 2 or HB pencil on exam day. Testing personnel will not provide writing instruments or pencil sharpeners to candidates.
Failure to follow instructions may affect how the scanning machine reads and records your information. Your score is determined solely by the marks read by the scanning equipment. Marks made by a writing instrument other than a No. 2 or an HB pencil may not be read by the scanning equipment. Marks that do not fill an oval completely may not be read by the scanning equipment. Random marks and poor erasures may be read as your intended answer.
Answers written in the exam book will not be graded.
Completing Your Essay Book
Essay Answers for Level III AM Session
It is your responsibility to complete the essay book correctly to ensure all information is accurately recorded during grading and your results are correctly reported back to you. When completing your essay book:
- Use blue or black ink. You must bring your own pen on exam day. Testing personnel will not provide writing instruments to candidates.
- Write your CFA INSTITUTE ID and SEAT NUMBER on the front cover of your exam book
- Sign the candidate pledge inside the front cover. Do not remove the candidate pledge card
- Essay answers must be written in English
- Each essay question consists of one or more parts (A, B, C, etc.). Some parts direct you to write your answer in a template. Instructions in bold print immediately following the question direct you to the page number of each template. Answer all other questions on the lined page(s) following the question. For these questions, label each part of your answer clearly (A, B, C, or i, ii, iii, etc.)
- Answers on question pages will not be graded. You may make marks and notes on the question pages