Who We Are CFA Institute is a respected advocate worldwide for full and fair disclosure of financial information by public issuers to investors; ethical conduct by investment professionals that protects the clients’ best interests; investment performance standards (common standards that allow for transparent comparisons of investment returns across firms and international borders); and, the highest level of investment knowledge and competence.
Spokespeople and Topical Experts
CFA Institute spokespeople are available to comment on many issues facing investment professionals worldwide, including professional education, hedge fund regulation, XBRL, fair value reporting, credit rating agencies, reform of U.S. market regulation, performance standards, and investor education topics.
Many CFA Institute members, event speakers, and authors are also available to speak to the press. These individuals have extensive interview experience and are known as experts in their respective fields. To inquire about the availability of a non-staff expert, please contact Public Relations. (Note: These individuals are not CFA Institute spokespeople and only speak to the media on their own behalf.)
Online Investment Education
Learn about current investment topics from your computer by watching one of our webcasts. Recent topics include the impact of various corporate governance practices, an analysis of the “January effect,” hedge funds, using derivatives to enhance returns and manage risk, and highlights from the 2010 Annual Conference. Contact Public Relations for complimentary access.
CFA Institute has also presented dozens of training workshops on financial topics to reporters at The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, Reuters, CFO Magazine, Globe and Mail, and CNBC. The workshops cover equity valuation, accounting red flags, and financial statement analysis − all from the investment professional’s perspective. These sessions can be tailored to specific needs, such as introduction to hedge funds or executive compensation practices. Presenters are CFA charterholders or other qualified investment professionals. Some of these programs are available online.
CFA Institute Conferences and Events
Reporters are welcome to attend most CFA Institute-sponsored conferences at no charge, including the three-day CFA Institute Annual Conference. Pre-registration is required and speaker interviews may be arranged. Conference subjects typically include current and emerging investment challenges, hedge funds, risk management, private wealth, and the management of investment firms.
Complimentary subscriptions to the following CFA Institute publications are available for journalists:
- CFA Magazine features coverage of financial reporting and regulatory issues, in-depth reviews of industry issues, insights from industry leaders, and lively debates on topical issues.
- Financial Analysts Journal contains articles written by investment professionals and academics describing research in portfolio management, asset allocation, global investing, and security analysis.
- Conference Proceedings Quarterly and Research Foundation Publications provide summaries of conference presentations and research reports. Subjects include analysis of specific industry sectors, asset management for individual investors, investment counsel for private clients, and venture capital investing.
- Private Wealth Management Newsletter is a bi-monthly e-newsletter that offers practical perspectives on global and regional wealth management issues from industry thought leaders.
- Advocacy Update, white papers, and standards keep you up to date on regulatory, legislative, and standard-setting issues affecting the global capital markets. The Advocacy Update can be used to source story ideas and alert you of our activities.
A searchable, online database of past issues can help you find articles and subject experts by keywords. Contact Public Relations for complimentary access to our publications.
Surveys CFA Institute conducts surveys of its members on such topics as stock options, corporate disclosure practices, and investment management compensation. CFA Institute also conducts periodic electronic polls on important issues facing investors.