Now in its 63rd year, the CFA Institute Annual Conference brings together investment professionals from around the world to hear industry leaders share insights on today's most critical investment issues. Experts examine market trends, uncover new investment opportunities, and deliver practical investment advice.
Credentialed journalists may register now for one of a limited number of complimentary press passes. Pre-event interviews with speakers may also be requested at this time (please contact CFA Institute to ensure a speaker’s availability). Can’t attend in person? Please contact Kathy Valentine, CFA Institute director of publication relations, to learn more about phone and Skype interviews with conference speakers, attendees, sponsors, and CFA Institute leaders.
The conference offers 27 sessions, including presentations from:
- George Akerlof, 2001 Nobel Laureate in Economics
- Mark Anson, CFA, president and executive director at Nuveen Investments, Inc.
- Dan Ariely, author of Predictably Irrational and Duke University professor
- John C. Bogle, founder, The Vanguard Group, Inc.
- Ian Bremmer, president of the Eurasia Group
- James Chanos, founder and president of Kynikos Associates
- Niall Ferguson, Harvard Business School’s William Ziegler Professor in Business Administration
- Daniel Fuss, CFA, vice chairman of Loomis, Sayles & Company
- Mary L. Schapiro, chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Afternoon workshop sessions will cover topics such as equity analysis, fixed-income analysis, portfolio management, ethics, alternative investments, firm management, and private wealth management.
Program: A detailed program and agenda is available online.
Conference date: May 16, 2010–May 19, 2010
Boston Marriott Copley Place
110 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts, 02116
Media RSVP: Please contact Kathy Valentine to secure your seat.
On-site media resources
A complimentary press pass for journalists provides the following benefits:
- Attendance at most conference general sessions, concurrent workshops, networking receptions, meals, and sponsored corporate presentations
- Access to a press room with wireless internet access and other business support
- The opportunity to interview speakers, conference attendees, and senior CFA Institute staff (including John Rogers, CFA, president and CEO; Robert Johnson, CFA, senior managing director; and Kurt Schacht, CFA, managing director of the Standards and Financial Market Integrity department) before, during, or after the conference
- Access to providers of investment industry resources and content