Here are some key facts and figures regarding our candidates and members:
- More than 164,000 CFA Program candidates took the CFA exams in FY2014 in one of our 250+ test centers around the globe
- We have more than 123,000 members in 145 countries
- 68 countries now have local member societies
- More than 300 universities around the world have incorporated the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge into their own academic programs
- More than 3,500 students from 800 universities around the world participated in the 2013-2014 CFA Institute Research Challenge season
CFA Institute facts and statistics (PDF)
Over 210,000 exam registrations among aspiring charterholders were received in FY14.
CFA designation facts (PDF)
CFA Institute has over 123,000 members in more than 140 countries and territories. 94% of members are CFA charterholders.
This graphic shows the top ten employers of CFA charterholders and candidates globally.
Companies are ranked by their combined total of total candidates and CFA charterholders.
Top ten companies include JP Morgan Chase, PwC, HSBC, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, UBS, Ernst & Young, RBC, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, and Wells Fargo.
*CFA Program statistics are based on June 2014 candidates. CFA Institute Member statistics are from June 2014.
**Top employer data is self-reported and not verified by CFA Institute. Counts are approximate based on data from June 2014.