Code of Ethics and Standards Information
First created in the 1960s, the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct are the ethical benchmark for investment professionals around the globe, regardless of job title, cultural differences, or local laws. All of our members and CFA Program candidates must adhere to the Code and Standards.
What Do the Code and Standards Cover?
The Code of Ethics maintains that Members and Candidates must:
The Standards of Professional Conduct cover:
- Place the integrity of the profession and the interests of clients above their own interests
- Act with integrity, competence, and respect
- Maintain and develop their professional competence
- Professionalism and Integrity of the capital markets
- Duties to clients and employers
- Investment analysis and recommendations
- Conflicts of interest and Responsibilities of CFA Institute Members and Candidates
Periodic Review of Code and Standards
CFA Institute last completed a periodic review of the Code and Standards as well as the accompanying Standards of Practice Handbook
in 2010. Learn more
Questions? Contact us