Our Research Objectivity Standards recommend practices to guide sell-side investment firms and professionals in achieving objectivity and independence in research reports. They include specific, measurable standards for managing and disclosing conflicts of interest.
What Do the Research Objectivity Standards Cover? The Research Objectivity Standards expand on our Code of Ethics and cover:
- Firms' research policies
- Public appearances
- Investment banking
- Analyst compensation
- Relationships with other companies
- Personal investments and trading
- Rating systems
Why Should Your Firm Adopt These Standards?
- To maintain your firm's reputation and high standards: Ethical misconduct and failings in objectivity hurt investor confidence and taint the reputations of all investment professionals
- To demonstrate your commitment to high ethical standards and full disclosure
- To gain the competitive advantage that comes with a reputation for integrity and putting investors' needs before your own
Questions? Contact us.