Through a collaborative arrangement with VitalSource™ and Pearson Custom Publishing, CFA Institute now offers the CFA Program curriculum in a digital format.
CFA Program Curriculum eBook Features
- Portable digital access: You can access the curriculum in digital format for use on a personal computer, iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. You can also download the curriculum to a second computer.
- Electronic notes and highlighting: When you make notes, highlight sections, etc., these changes are stored on the VitalSource server so that they are available if you access the eBook from another computer. Additionally, notes and highlights can be automatically synchronized between your web version of the curriculum and your downloaded version. (This requires that the computer containing your downloaded file be connected to the internet.) You can also share your notes and highlighted content.
- Ability to export notes: You can copy/paste curriculum text and export your notes to a text file.
- Advanced search function: You can search either a single volume of the curriculum or the entire curriculum for your exam level.
- Flexible print options: You can print as many as 150 pages (the length of the longest reading) of the curriculum at a time.
The eBook will remain accessible for five years after the publication date. For example, the 2011 curriculum will be available in eBook format until December 2015.
CFA Curriculum eBook on Your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Our eBook partner, VitalSource, has launched a free app on iTunes that you can use to access the CFA curriculum eBook on Apple devices, including iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Download the eBook app now or find more information.
For immediate answers to common technical support issues, our eBook vendor, VitalSource, has a searchable online support website. View an animated product demonstration.
Minimum system requirements
Apple Mac OS X 10.4 or Microsoft Windows XP
Windows XP with service pack 2 or higher
Ethernet port, Internet access, and online registration required
1024x768 screen resolution or larger
512 MB of RAM
Members may also contact CFA Institute for technical assistance and customer service support.
Important note to Microsoft Windows XP users
You may need to download and install Microsoft’s .NET framework in order for the eBook to run properly on your computer. The installation program will automatically determine whether your computer needs .NET and prompt you through the download and installation of .NET prior to installing the VitalSource eBook. Downloading and installing .NET may take 10-40 minutes depending on your computer’s configuration and your internet connection speed.
If you prefer not to download Microsoft’s .NET framework, you can still access the CFA curriculum using the online version of the eBook. (While the downloadable version can be accessed anytime, the online version is only accessible when you have an active internet connection.)