What Is the CFA Charter?
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is a mark of distinction, globally recognized by employers, investment professionals, and investors as the definitive standard by which to measure serious investment professionals.
At CFA Institute, we set the standards for measuring excellence in financial research, portfolio management, and ethical leadership.
See why the CFA charter is a smart investment in your future (PDF).
Become a Charterholder
To become a charterholder:
View the exam calendar
View the exam fee schedule
The CFA Charter and Your Career
Jayesh Gandhi, CFA , Executive Director, Morgan Stanley Investment Management Private Limited, Mumbai, India
- Watch these short videos for insights shared by employers who are the senior practicing professionals in the finance industry.
- Explore the possibilities for an investment career in the Asia-Pacific region. Read the Career Guide Asia Pacific and see where the CFA Program can take you.
- To get the latest Asia-Pacific investment news delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for the complimentary CFA Institute Financial NewsBrief: Asia Pacific Edition and see the top stories impacting your profession.
CFA Course of Study
With a self-study curriculum and over 180 test centers around the world, you can complete the CFA Program from almost anywhere.
- The curriculum contains assigned readings, learning outcome statements, and problem sets.
- You can download the curriculum eBook to your personal computer or access it via an app for your Android or Apple device.
- Sample and mock exams are also available to help you prepare for the exam.