Through a collaborative arrangement with VitalSource™ and Pearson Custom Publishing, CFA Institute offers the CFA Program curriculum in a digital format — a convenient and powerful way to study for the exams.
Features of the curriculum eBook include:
- Electronic notes and highlighting: When you make notes, highlight sections, etc., these changes are stored on the VitalSource server so that they are available if you access the eBook from another device. Additionally, notes and highlights can be automatically synchronized between your web version of the curriculum and your downloaded version. (This requires that the device containing your downloaded file be connected to the internet.) You can also share your notes and highlighted content.
- Ability to export notes: You can copy/paste curriculum text and export your notes to a text file.
- Advanced search function: You can search either a single volume of the curriculum or the entire curriculum for your exam level.
- Flexible print options: You can print as many as 150 pages (the length of the longest reading) of the curriculum at a time.
You can access the online version of the eBook through online.vitalsource.com from any compatible internet browser and you can download the eBook to two personal computers and two mobile devices, including many Apple or Android phones or tablets and the Kindle Fire (eliminating shipping and customs fees).
Check to see which mobile devices can be used to access your eBook.
Access the eBook using your personal computer.
Access the eBook on Your Mobile Device
You can get the VitalSource eBook app for your:
Important Notes for Mobile Access
The mobile device apps have limited functionality in comparison to the personal computer version. Here are some things you should know about the mobile apps:
- Notes are disabled. You can view notes and highlights from the mobile app, but cannot make new notes at this time.
- Text is small. You will notice that the text is very small on your mobile device. Zooming on the page will affect your capability to navigate easily.
- Download times vary. You can download your curriculum using Wi-Fi access. Individual curriculum volumes may take several minutes to download because of large file sizes.
More information about the VitalSource eBook app
Access the eBook After Your Exam
Your eBook provides digital access to the current year curriculum for the June and December exams. For example, if you have access to the Level I eBook for the June 2014 exam and you do not pass the June 2014 exam, you can use the same Level I eBook for the December 2014 exam.
eBooks are made available with a perpetual license so they remain available to you for future reference; however, because each exam question is based explicitly on the curriculum, you should emphasize mastery of the most current curriculum content in your study plan.