The curriculum for each of the three levels is organized into 18 study sessions. Each study session contains
- Assigned readings
- Learning outcome statements (LOS)
- Problem sets (to demonstrate practical application of your knowledge)
Each exam question is based explicitly on the curriculum, so you should emphasize mastery of the most current curriculum content in your study plan.
How to Access the Curriculum eBook
The CFA Program curriculum in eBook format is included in your registration fee. When you receive your registration confirmation email, it will include instructions for accessing your eBook on the VitalSource website.
The eBook is available online and can be downloaded to your personal computer and several types of mobile devices, including many smartphones and tablets. You can download the eBook to up to two computers and up to two mobile devices.
Registered for the Level I exam? Download the CFA Program Study App to access all your Level I study materials and tools: For your Android mobile device | For your Apple mobile device
Features of the eBook online include:
- Electronic notes and highlighting: When you make notes, highlight sections, etc., these changes are saved on the VitalSource server so they are available if you access the eBook from another device. Additionally, notes and highlights can be automatically synchronized between your web version of the curriculum and your downloaded version. You can also share your notes and highlighted content.
- Ability to export notes: You can copy/paste curriculum text and export your notes to a text file.
- Advanced search function: You can search either a single volume of the curriculum or the entire curriculum for your exam level.
- Flexible print options: You can print as many as 150 pages (the length of the longest reading) of the curriculum at a time.
About downloading the eBook to your personal computer.
Accessing the eBook on Your Mobile Device
Check the VitalSource site to see which mobile devices can be used to access your eBook.
Important Notes for Mobile Access
The mobile device apps have limited functionality in comparison to the personal computer version:
- Limited notes capability. You can view notes and highlights from the mobile app, but cannot make new notes at this time.
- Small text. The text is very small on your mobile device. Zooming on the page will affect your capability to navigate easily.
- Download times vary. You can download your curriculum using Wi-Fi access. Individual curriculum volumes may take several minutes to download because of large file sizes.
More information about the VitalSource eBook app
Access the eBook After Your Exam
Your eBook provides digital access to the current year curriculum for the June and December exams. For example, if you have access to the Level I eBook for the June 2014 exam and you do not pass the June 2014 exam, you can use the same Level I eBook for the December 2014 exam.
eBooks are made available with a perpetual license so they remain available to you for future reference; however, because each exam question is based explicitly on the curriculum, you should emphasize mastery of the most current curriculum content in your study plan.