Already enrolled? Register for the next exam‡.
To enroll in the CFA Program and register for your first exam:
1. Meet the entrance requirements:
- Have a bachelor's (or equivalent) degree
- or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration*
- or have four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related)
- or have a combination of professional work and college experience that totals at least four years. Part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment.
- Make sure you understand the Professional Conduct Statement and Candidate Responsibility Statement.
- Be prepared to take the exams in English.
- Have a valid international travel passport (required for exam registration and admission to the test center). Read the ID policy.
- Note: Residents of certain countries may be prohibited by law from participating. Read the OFAC Compliance Policy.
2. Check the exam calendar and review the fee schedule deadlines.
3. Find an available test center location.
4. Create an account or log in to enroll in the program and register for an exam.‡
Note that CFA Program enrollment applications are not considered complete until all required information has been submitted (e.g., Professional Conduct Statement, education information, candidate's electronic signature) and payment has been processed. If you do not receive a CFA Program Registration Confirmation by email within 5-7 days, please contact us. Applicants have 30 days in which to complete their applications.
‡It may take up to 12 hours after you receive your confirmation email before your account and access to online candidate resources reflects your candidacy.
*Candidates with a degree in progress: If you initially enroll/register as a final year undergraduate student with a degree in progress, you may not register for the Level II exam until you have earned your degree, or obtained professional work experience that meets the program’s entrance requirements. When your degree is awarded, update your account education information to certify that your degree has been received.