Congratulations to over 2,700 recipients of the 2015 Access Scholarships!
Awareness Scholarship application submission deadline for June exam: 2 February 2015
CFA Program scholarships provide financial support to
- Those who may be unable to afford the full price for enrollment and exam registration.
- Key influencers in the academic and financial communities.
Applicants must meet all CFA Program enrollment requirements. Review the requirements.
Needs-based scholarship awarded annually, in December, for exams in the following calendar year.
Waive the CFA Program enrollment fee and reduce the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$250.*
Access Scholarships are awarded on or before 1 December, to be applied to exams in the following year. Access Scholarship recipients may apply the award to the
- June exam (Levels I, II, and III) or
- December exam (Level I only)
The 2015 application submission period is closed. Award notifications will be sent on or before 3 December 2014.
Access Scholarships: Official Rules (PDF)
Learn more below
Awarded on a rolling basis to key influencers in the academic and financial communities.
Waive the CFA Program enrollment fee and reduce the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$350.*
Awareness Scholarships are awarded as they are received and processed.
- Recipients of the June scholarship may only apply it to the upcoming June exam (Levels I, II, and III).
- Recipients of the December scholarship may only apply it to the upcoming December exam (Level I).
June 2015 exam: 2 February 2015
Awareness Scholarships: Official Rules (PDF)
Learn more below
Access Scholarship Details
In collaboration with our member societies around the world, more than 2,600 Access Scholarships are awarded to CFA Program applicants each calendar year.
You must wait until the scholarship notifications occur in December before you register for the applicable exam, or you will be ineligible for the scholarship and your application will be voided. However, you may purchase the curriculum for that exam in advance by contacting us. When you register for the exam (after scholarship notifications) credit will be given for the eBook curriculum purchased in advance but credit will not be given for a print curriculum purchased in advance.‡
- After you submit your scholarship application, you cannot make changes.
- If your financial situation changes, you may withdraw your application from consideration before 1 October of the year in which you applied.
- If you receive a scholarship and register for the exam, you must sit for that exam or you may be ineligible for future Access Scholarships.
Access your application (login required)
Awareness Scholarship Details
In collaboration with our University Relations team, we offer Awareness Scholarships to key influencers in the media, academic, and financial communities, such as college/university faculty, college students affiliated with our Recognized Universities and CFA Program Partner Schools, select regulatory agencies, and media organization employees around the world.
CFA Institute Professor Scholarships
Full-time college or university professors who teach a minimum of six credit hours per quarter or semester or administrators/department heads who teach three hours per quarter or semester at one university are eligible. The university must offer a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher.
- Complete the Candidate Section by typing directly into the editable form where indicated.
- Print the completed form and then add your signature and date.
- Submit the form to CFA Institute by email. Keep your email copy for your records.
CFA Program Partner and Recognized University Program Scholarships
After the June 2013 exam, all student scholarships will be awarded through universities and colleges participating in the CFA Program Partners initiative and University Recognition Program.
- CFA Program Partner Scholarship Application (for use by CFA Program Partner universities only):
CFA Institute Regulator Scholarships
Scholarship opportunities are available to full-time employees of qualified government securities regulators or central banks. To learn more and/or confirm if your organization is a program participant or qualifies to become a participant, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The name of your organization
- Your role within the organization
- A link to the organization’s website
CFA Institute Media Scholarships
Scholarship opportunities are available to eligible, full-time employees of media organizations which communicate and disseminate financial news, data, and education around the world. For more information about media scholarships, download the application or contact us at email@example.com
*Scholarship candidates are responsible for any additional costs related to selecting/purchasing the curriculum.
‡Beginning with June 2014 exam, the registration fee includes access to the curriculum eBook and a print version of the curriculum must be purchased separately. Therefore we will not issue credits to applicants who wish to purchase the print curriculum in advance. (If you purchase the print curriculum, you will also be responsible for shipping costs and any applicable import duties and taxes.).