The CIPM program offers industry relevant, practice-based training in investment performance evaluation and risk measurement that helps you rigorously and ethically evaluate and communicate investment performance to optimize results for you and your investors.
- Approximately 70% of the curriculum and readings cover advanced performance evaluation (measurement, attribution, appraisal, manager selection). More details
- Approximately 30% covers ethical and professional standards, including how to use the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). More details
The curriculum includes:
- Topic-level learning objectives which provide an overview of the material and indicate the depth of knowledge expected in each major topic area at a particular level of the exam.
- Learning outcome statements (LOS) which are study session- and/or reading-specific objectives that indicate the level of knowledge candidates are expected to gain from each lesson for the exam.
- Reading assignments which include a combination of journal articles, textbook chapters, and content designed to help you master the topics in the CIPM Body of Knowledge. Carefully studying the readings after working through each lesson will provide you with a firm foundation as you prepare for the exams.
CIPM curriculum eBook
2013 Topic Area Weights
|Major Topic Area
|Performance Appraisal & Manager Selection
|Performance Presentation and GIPS Standards