The CIPM curriculum is based on an advanced body of knowledge that is continuously reviewed and updated by more than 1,000 active investment practitioners around the world to ensure it reflects the most relevant trends and the core competencies.
- Approximately 70% of the curriculum and readings cover advanced performance evaluation (measurement, attribution, appraisal, manager selection).
- Approximately 30% covers ethical and professional standards, including how to use the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS).
The curriculum includes:
- Topic-level learning objectives: Indicate the depth of knowledge expected in each major topic area at a particular level.
- Learning outcome statements (LOS): Study sessions and/or reading-specific objectives that indicate the level of knowledge candidates are expected to gain from each lesson.
- Reading assignments: Include a combination of journal articles, textbook chapters, and content to help you master the topics in the CIPM Body of Knowledge. Carefully studying the readings after working through each lesson will provide you with a firm foundation.
CIPM curriculum details
About the CIPM curriculum eBook
Assistance with preparing for the exam is available through a variety of sources:
2014 Topic Area Weights
|Major Topic Area
|Performance Appraisal & Manager Selection
|Performance Presentation and GIPS Standards