The Claritas Program material provides a fundamental understanding of the investment industry through the topics covered in the Course of Study. The Course of Study consists of seven modules (topic areas):
1. Industry overview: Looks at the core purpose of the investment industry.
2. Ethics and regulation: Focuses on these essential foundations.
3. Inputs and tools: How the (economic) world works — the big picture and the fine detail.
4. Investment instruments: Covers the basic investment options, what they are and their purpose.
5. Industry structure: Looks at how the industry helps us invest, who the participants are and what they do, the markets where investments take place, and the investment products themselves.
6. Industry controls: How systems and controls are used in the industry to ensure the client is properly served.
7. Serving clients’ needs: Focusing on clients — gaining a clear understanding of their needs, circumstances, and motivations.
Get more details about what's covered in the Course of Study (PDF)
When you register for the Claritas exam, you gain access to study tools and materials designed to help you succeed on the exam, including:
All study materials are available online and through the Claritas app.
Learn more about the study materials.