You agree to place all personal belongings in a secure individual storage locker for the duration of the exam. You will not be allowed to access your locker until you have completed your exam. CFA Institute, testing personnel, the test center, and vendors are not responsible or liable for stolen, lost, misplaced or damaged personal property in the personal belongings area or at the test centers. Additionally, some items may require inspection as part of the check in process.
The following items are prohibited from the exam room:
- Food or drinks
- Wallet (money purse)
- Baggage of any kind, including transparent bags, backpacks, handbags, tote bags, briefcases, luggage, carrying cases, passport covers, or eyeglass cases
- Study materials, including notes, papers, textbooks, or study guides
- Pens, pencils, highlighters or other writing instruments
- Scratch paper
- Calculators, mobile phones, cameras, headsets, computers, tablets, wearable technology (such as fitbit® or other fitness tracking devices), smart watches, or any Bluetooth®-enabled or any remote communication or photographic devices
- Any type of desk clock or timer, including wristwatches
You will be provided with a whiteboard/erasable writing tablet for use during the exam.
Certain medically necessary items may be allowed in the testing room with prior approval. Contact CFA Institute with any questions.