Mr. McLaughlin holds a BA in economics and an MFA from the University of Virginia.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified in Financial Management (CFM)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
Mr. McLaughlin, CFA, CPA is chief administrative officer and chief financial officer for CFA Institute. Previously, Mr. McLaughlin was the director of finance for the University of Virginia Medical Center and a member of its general faculty. He has more than 30 years of experience in business and finance, half of which were spent in finance planning or controller positions for Cooper Industries and Siemens. He has authored and edited examination reviews for four professional examinations: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and Certified in Financial Management (CFM) examinations. Mr. McLaughlin has written and edited numerous professional education courses, and he has instructed at the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Virginia. He is the author of "How to Write a Business Plan."