- Help us keep in touch. Ensure that your contact information is up to date. If we have questions regarding your work experience, we will contact you by email or phone. You’ll receive updates about your application status via email.
- Receive your charter sooner. Apply for membership before you complete all CFA Program exams to avoid delay.
- Leave out irrelevant experience. Use the work experience self-assessment tool to determine which positions to include in your application.
- Describe what you do. Provide a detailed description of your daily responsibilities, including what types of clients you serve, what types of products you recommend to clients, and how your efforts add value to the investment decision-making process. Tell us about any independent analysis you perform.
- Find references. We require references from industry professionals who can describe how your work impacts the investment decision-making process.
- Timeframe. It will take several weeks to review and approve your application.
- Ask questions. We are here to help. Contact us.
After Your Application Is Approved
We will notify you by email when your application has been approved. You can then activate your membership by paying your annual dues and filing your Professional Conduct Statement.
Manage Your Member and Society Applications
Ready to Apply for Membership?
We look forward to your application for CFA Institute membership.