When you apply for membership with CFA Institute, you will also apply for membership in a CFA society. Society membership is voluntary and highly recommended. Your application to a society is an introduction to a community of professionals who are committed to the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence.
Benefits of Joining a Society
In addition to the benefits of membership in a global organization, you can also experience the rewards of participating at a regional group level.
- Network with your peers in the industry
- Be part of a common voice, developing and protecting the interests of the profession
- Stay abreast of trends that affect the industry in your market
- Take advantage of local continuing education opportunities
- Participate in dynamic and educational local programs at discounted rates
- Access additional resources, such as job announcements and newsletters
Get even more out of your society membership by volunteering to serve on a society committee, running for an officer position, or serving on the board. Through society membership, you support the CFA Program and CFA charterholders in your area, benefiting the local investment community and enhancing the value of the charter.
Just getting started?
For CFA Institute Members
Manage Your Member and Society Applications to add new society memberships.