Our Women in Investment Management initiative is an action-oriented approach supported by research linking gender diversity with business performance. Universities have a unique perspective and opportunity to effect positive change:
Learn more about the Women in Investment Management Initiative
Sample Syllabi and Program Descriptions
If you're considering incorporating the CBOK into your curriculum,* we recommend you explore the following sample syllabi and course descriptions from our CFA Program Partners. The following are in PDF file format:
*Universities that integrate the CBOK into their programs are not required to notify us, but must adhere to our trademark guidelines
* (PDF). There is no formal recognition by CFA Institute for such efforts nor do we provide verification of any claims made to that effect.
Curriculum and Textbooks
CFA Program curriculum content and materials are available in various formats for ease of use in classroom instruction:
- Official CFA Program curriculum, by exam level: The same curricula CFA Program candidates receive when they register for an exam is now available publicly for purchase directly from John Wiley & Sons or through retail booksellers.
- CFA Investment Series: Grounded in the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge, these texts are authored by leading industry professionals and academics who bring their wealth of knowledge and expertise to your finance students. Each textbook comes with an associated workbook containing Learning Outcome Statements, chapter summaries, and practice problems. More information, evaluation copies, and teaching aids are available from your John Wiley & Sons representative.
- Customized via Wiley’s Custom Select platform: Professors can mix and match both CFA Program readings and chapters from other books to create custom course materials in print or digital formats. Learn more about Wiley Custom Select.
We offer a wide variety of resources related to ethics in the investment management profession:
Challenge Your Students
Participating in the CFA Institute Research Challenge offers your students the unique opportunity to learn from leading industry experts and to compete with their peers at the world’s top finance programs.
Through mentoring and training in company analysis and presentation skills, this annual educational competition promotes best practices in equity research.
Continuing Education, CFA Exam Prep, and Educational Recognition
- Select educational institutions may apply to participate in our Approved-Provider Program. Participating organizations pledge to uphold our rigorous standards.
- We also collaborate with leading business schools to offer discounted rates on executive education courses developed exclusively for experienced investment professionals.
CFA Exam Prep Courses
Universities interested in offering exam preparation courses may apply to participate in our Approved Prep Provider Program.
As part of our Educational Program Recognition, your university can provide coursework or entrance exam waivers to students who have successfully completed all or parts of the CFA Program, CIPM Program, and/or Investment Foundations certificate program. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this opportunity.