- View current opportunities in our Volunteer Community Center, update your Volunteer Profile, and apply for open opportunities. Help us make a difference.
To create positive change in the Investment Profession, we need your help, your passion, and your ideas. Serving as a volunteer is one of the best and most impactful ways to contribute to our combined success. Thousands of CFA Institute members have been doing so since 1947, and we hope you’ll consider applying your unique talents and expertise as a volunteer.
Benefits for the Volunteer
- Network and collaborate with like-minded professionals in support of the investment community.
- Build leadership, communication, and valued profession, career boosting competencies and skills.
- Enhance knowledge, professional development, and connections in local markets.
Benefits to Our Profession
- Provide guidance, insight, and the practitioner’s perspective in the development of policy positions, curriculum, and standards; support professional conduct and educational resources; and oversee the governance of CFA Institute.
- Foster the local and global interaction of leading members of the capital markets with issues and programs of interest to investment professionals, serving the profession, investors, and the public good.
- Test, develop, and review new services, products, and technology — a vital link in maintaining the relevance and value of CFA Institute to our membership and the profession.
How to Raise Your Hand
Update your Volunteer profile and apply for an opportunity to raise your hand and make a difference. There are many ways to volunteer including short-term micro, project-based, and ad hoc opportunities, or committee appointments that can be performed online or in-person in the following areas:
- Market Integrity & Advocacy
- Codes, Standards & Guidelines
- Policy Positions & Research
- Ethics & Professional Conduct
We are always looking for investment professionals to serve on the Educational Advisory Committee’s (EAC) EAC Working Body (WB). Bring your experience and ideas to keep CFA Institute credentialing programs relevant for current and future investment professionals through surveys and curriculum review.
View current opportunities.
Already a Volunteer?
Member login required:
- Make sure your Professional and Volunteer Interest Profiles are up to date
- Review the Volunteer Travel Policy (PDF) and Volunteer Travel Booking Guide (PDF)
- When traveling on behalf of CFA Institute and booking travel through our dedicated travel agency, you should be aware of resources that you can access in case of an incident or emergency. Learn more
When booking travel through CFA Institute's dedicated travel agency, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance is provided through the Business Travel Accident policy to all volunteers globally. Coverage is offered in the amount of US$250,000 to all volunteers.