CFA Exam Admission and Departure Policy
Learn more about our new admission and departure policy
You must present your international travel passport and one copy of your admission ticket, printed on clean, unused paper, to be admitted into the test center. Your ticket is only valid for the test center and exam date listed.Remember:
- We close the testing room doors before the timed portion of each exam session begins. Arrive at the test center at least one hour early so you can complete check-in before we close the doors.
- If you arrive after the doors are closed you will not be allowed to enter until after the instructions have been read. Instructions will not be repeated, and no additional testing time will be granted.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the start of the timed portion of the exam session, you will not be permitted to take the exam and you will forfeit your registration fee.
- You must remain seated in the designated, secure, proctored test area during the exam, including when the instructions are being read, until all candidates are dismissed. Brief water and toilet breaks are permitted within the secure area.
- Early departures are not permitted. If you leave the testing room before you are dismissed by testing personnel, you will not be allowed to re-enter and you may be subject to a professional conduct investigation and disciplinary sanctions.
- The official time on exam day is the time announced by the designated proctor.
- If you do not sit for the morning session, you cannot sit for the afternoon session. You must sit for both the morning and afternoon sessions or you will not receive an exam result.