CFA Program Withdrawal Option
CFA Institute offers a withdrawal option for all three levels of the CFA® exam. The withdrawal form will be available in your online account during the withdrawal period. Go to “My Account,” then select your program tile. Please use the Self Assessment Tool to determine if you may qualify for a refund, deferral, or withdrawal.
Withdrawal Option Information
The CFA exams are paper-and-pencil, which require a full day of testing. We reserve and pay for test center space, equipment, furniture, support services, and exam printing and shipping based on paid registrations. All test centers have limited seating. When a candidate wishes to defer from one exam to the next, his/her space at the test center cannot be filled by another candidate. Therefore, we cannot offer deferrals except for specific circumstances.
The withdrawal form is available on your CFA Program tile until 5 days before the exam date. If you do not withdraw by the deadline, you will not be able to re-register for the next exam until results for the current exam have been released (approximately 60 days after the exam date).
You are required to pay an exam registration fee for each exam as determined by the fee schedule.
- You cannot defer registration fees from one exam to the next.
- You will not receive any refund of fees.
- You may only be registered for one exam at any time.
- Your registration must be completed no later than the final registration deadline for that exam.
- The curriculum and suggested readings will change from year to year and the exam is based on the curriculum assigned that year.
- Even after submitting your withdrawal form, you will be unable to register online until your withdrawal has been processed. Please allow up to 3 days for processing.
- Once processed, withdrawals cannot be reversed.
Once your withdrawal has been processed, another registration and another online registration fee must be submitted if you want to re-register for the original exam. CFA Institute will not accept registrations submitted after the published deadlines. After your withdrawal has been processed, you may register online for an upcoming exam.
June 2020 Exam Deadline: 1 June 2020
December 2020 Exam Deadline: 30 November 2020