CFA Institute Announces Speakers for European Investment Conference, Paris, 26-27 November 2018
Leaders from international finance, governance and academia will convene to discuss how wealth inequality, free trade, and the existing financial infrastructure are contributing to an increasingly fractured world
London, United Kingdom 02 Oct 2018
LONDON, 2nd October 2018 — CFA Institute and CFA Society France will host the CFA Institute European Investment Conference on 26th and 27th November at Le Méridien Etoile, Paris. The conference will bring together more than 25 leaders from international finance, governance and academia to present ideas and discuss the challenges and opportunities faced by an investment industry in an era of rapidly evolving technology and machine-led intelligence, sustained volatility, and a changed geopolitical climate. Ten years after the financial crisis of 2008, the conference will also consider corporate culture and whether the environment for the whistleblower has become any less hostile.
Rosanna Lockwood, broadcast journalist and presenter, will chair the conference and more than 400 investment professionals are expected to attend. Prominent speakers and session themes include:
- Preparing Asset Management for the Future: Naïm Abou-Jaoudé, CEO, Candriam Investors Group and Chair, New York Life Investment; Pascal Blanqué, Group CIO and member of the Executive Committee, Amundi, on adjusting to robo-advisers, the shift from active to passive, and the future transformation of asset management jobs.
- Applications for Machine Learning in the Design of Financial Products: Lee Davidson, CFA, head of quantitative research, Morningstar, Inc.
- Taking Stock of the European Capital Markets: Ugo Bassi, Director, Financial Market, European Commission, DG Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union on sustainable finance, Banking Union and Capital Markets Union, Brexit as it impacts European capital markets, and the implementation of MiFID II.
- The Prize — and the Price — of Whistleblowing: Stephanie Gibaud, Public Relations expert, UBS whistleblower and author of La Femme qui en savait vraiment trop (The woman who knew too much) and Karine Mistral, Head of Professional Ethics, BNP Paribas, on what it takes to become a whistleblower and how it impacts on those who speak out.
- The Value of Everything: Mariana Mazzucato, Chair in the Economic of Innovation and Public Value, University College London, on distinguishing between value creation and value extraction, and creating an economic and social order that promotes value creation.
Complimentary Access for Journalists
Accredited journalists are cordially invited to attend the conference free of charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for your complimentary press pass. Journalists will be supported on site with free wi-fi and access to a dedicated media centre.
Visit the European Investment Conference microsite for the complete conference schedule, speaker biographies, and timely blog posts from conference sessions.
Follow us via @CFAInstitute and #EICParis for session summaries, photos and updates, as well as additional conference highlights.
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials. The organization is a champion of ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. Our aim is to create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. There are more than 161,000 CFA® charterholdersworldwide in 165+ markets and regions. CFA Institute has eight offices worldwide and there are 151 membersocieties. For more information, visit www.cfainstitute.org or follow us on Twitter at @CFAInstitute and on Facebook.com/CFAInstitute.