Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
Practicing our values
The Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct is the ethical benchmark for investment professionals around the globe.
Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional ConductView the Code and Standards (PDF)
The CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct (Code and Standards) are fundamental to the values of CFA Institute and essential to achieving its mission to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
As a CFA Institute member or CFA Program candidate, you are required to follow the Code and Standards.
What is Covered?
- Professionalism and integrity of the capital markets
- Duties to clients and employers
- Investment analysis and recommendations
- Conflicts of interest and your responsibilities
How Can I Comply?
The Code of Ethics maintains that you must:
- Place the integrity of the profession and the interests of clients above your own interests
- Act with integrity, competence, and respect
- Maintain and develop your professional competence
All of the following are PDF documents.
Chinese (traditional): 道德操守和 專業行為準則
Finnish: CFA Instituten Liiketapaohjeisto
Japanese: CFA 協会倫理規範 および職業行為基準
Korean: 윤리강령 및 전문가 행위기준