Hosted by CFA Institute, CFA Society India
This webinar will cover the following three important topics related to career moves:
- We often ask ourselves an important question: “Am I in the right job role?” or “How do I find the right role?” There are two facets that need to be considered to find this answer. Many of us often look at only one facet and fail to recognize the equally important other one.
- When we are keen to make a job move, the first thing many of us do is to reach out to headhunters or consultants who work for recruitment firms. While these recruitment firms claim to be busy, the reality is that the share of positions filled by recruitment firms has been declining. The majority of positions across all levels are now filled by direct hiring methods and, therefore, our job search strategies need to be aligned to these methods. We will cover proactive versus passive strategies in the current paradigm as well as some pointers to take better charge of your job search efforts.
- Many of us need to make a career switch to move into an area that we are more passionate about, or are forced to make a career switch due to external factors. Career switches can be done internally (within your existing organization) or externally (with a new employer). We will cover tips and strategies for both kinds of switches.
- Better understanding of whether you are in the right job role or not
- Mantras to adopt for your job search
- Effective job search strategies
- Tips on how to make a career switch
CFA Institute members can claim CE credit by providing their CFA Institute ID number when registering.
About the Speaker(s)
Luis Moniz is a senior Indian Institute of Ahmedabad alumnus and one of India’s leading executive and career coaches. He spent many years in senior management roles in the financial services sector before becoming a C-suite headhunter in 2004 and then setting up his coaching practice in 2010. Mr. Moniz has coached hundreds of middle and senior management professionals over the last nine years. He is the author of Uncornered: Learnings from the Corner Office, on successful career strategies for turbulent times.
Biharilal Deora is a director at Abakkus Asset Manager LLP, an India-focused asset management company. His investment expertise spans a broad array of asset classes. Prior to joining Abakkus, Mr. Deora was managing corporate, family office, and university clients. He began his career as a financial analyst at leading financial services firms such as Credit Suisse and Fidelity Investments. Mr. Deora holds a master’s degree in commerce from the Veer Narmad South Gujarat University. He is a Chartered Accountant with a pan-India top rank and is also a Certified Financial Planner. Mr. Deora serves as a director on the board of CFA Society India and is a visiting faculty member for advanced finance programs.