CIPM Program Level I Exemption
What is the Level I exemption?
As of March 2017, all CFA® charterholders and candidates who have successfully completed the CFA Level III exam are automatically granted an exemption from the CIPM Program Level I exam and are eligible to enter and complete the CIPM Program directly at Level II.
This change is significant because, to date, all candidates have needed to complete and pass both exam levels, in addition to fulfilling the professional conduct and experience requirements, to be eligible for the CIPM designation.
Why are we offering this exemption?
The Level I exam exemption is an acknowledgement that CFA charterholders, and those who have successfully passed the CFA Program Level III exam, have already mastered the curriculum and key learnings covered in this course of study.
What is the CIPM Program?
The CIPM Program is the professional designation that provides investment management professionals with advanced risk and return performance evaluation skills, focusing on the following:
- Performance Measurement
- Performance Attribution
- Performance Appraisal
- Manager Evaluation and Selection
Deepen your skills, enhance your value
- The CIPM Program is rigorous, but by bypassing the Level I exam, you can now earn your full designation from CFA Institute in just six months.
- Develop the deeper skills in performance evaluation that can increase your professional value to your employer and your clients.
- Join the elite ranks of the nearly 800 CFA/CIPM dual designation holders who have attained this credential as a powerful complement to the CFA charter.
Are there any restrictions to this offer?
The offer applies to CFA charterholders
and to candidates who have successfully
completed the CFA Program Level III exam
unless they are restricted because of
conduct violation. Professional conduct
and experience requirements still apply.
Who is it for?
- Portfolio Managers
- Investment Consultants
- Research, Quantitative, Performance and Portfolio Analysts
- Risk Analysts
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Manager Selection Roles
- Client Relationship Managers
Why is it right for me?
The CIPM designation is the perfect complement to the charter, because it qualifies one to:
- produce or apply performance analysis;
- evaluate the performance of investment decisions; and
- responsibly conduct manager search and selection.