For the December 2020 Exam
We have modified our exam day procedures to incorporate social distancing and increased safety measures due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. This information is subject to change as we approach exam day and may vary slightly by test center due to local requirements.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 14 days leading up to the exam, have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 14 days leading up to the exam, or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, you must not report to the test center on exam day. Instead, contact us for more information.
Please continue to check the Test Center Updates page for the latest information on upcoming exams.
1. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- You are required to wear a face covering that covers both your mouth and your nose at all times. You will be required to briefly remove your face covering during ID verification. You must supply your own face coverings, which you must wear from admittance through dismissal. If you forget your face covering or refuse to wear it, you will be instructed to leave the testing room and will not be permitted to return. You will be not be eligible for a refund.
- You may bring and wear additional PPE (e.g., gloves, face shields, etc.).
- You may bring hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes/cleaner of any size.
2. Social Distancing
- You will be seated approximately 6 feet (1.8 meters) apart from other candidates. This measurement will be adjusted to meet local requirements.
3. Arrival and Check-in
- Remember to keep distance between you and other candidates during check-in.
- It is possible that you may be required to answer a questionnaire regarding your COVID-19-related exposures and symptoms, or related questions that local authorities may require. Testing personnel may also be required by local authorities to collect certain of your health information, such as your temperature.
- You will hold your ID and calculator(s) for the proctor to inspect. Testing personnel will not touch your belongings.You will be required to briefly remove your face covering during ID verification so proctors may compare your face to your passport photo.
- You must not access study materials of any kind (textbook, notes, etc.) once you have checked in.
4. Personal Belongings
- You may bring a small bag with you for your belongings, which must fit under your chair. A personal belongings area will not be provided unless required by local laws or regulations. Once announcements begin, candidates are not to access these items until they are dismissed.
5. Food and Drink
- Water stations will not be provided. Candidates may bring water bottles to the test center unless prohibited by the venue. Water bottles must be kept on the floor during timed testing unless in use.
- Candidates will be dismissed by room/section to minimize crowding during departure. Candidates should remain 6 feet (1.8 meters) apart during departure.