Future of Finance
The Future of Finance develops CFA Institute thought leadership to help shape a more trustworthy, forward-thinking investment profession that better serves society. Our focus is on opportunities for change, and our goal is to motivate and empower the world of finance to become an environment where investor interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. Our thought leadership resources help you stay informed about important trends and industry developments, and our tools to promote professionals equip your clients to participate more fully in their financial future.
In addition to leveraging our global network of members, the Future of Finance works with a distinguished advisory council and a content council of industry leaders who provide input for projects and share our ideas throughout the investment community.
Future of Work in Investment Management
Explore the changes investment organizations and professionals are likely to make as they reassess the context of careers, the content of work, and the culture of organizations.
Our resources help you stay informed about important trends and industry developments:
- Future of Sustainability in Investment Management: A study examining how the sustainability trend is likely to develop and the changes required for the investment industry overall, investment organizations, and investment professionals to adapt.
- 2021 Mercer CFA Institute Global Pension Index: A comprehensive comparison of 43 retirement income systems against more than 50 indicators and benchmarks and on three sub-indices: Adequacy, Sustainability, and Integrity.
- Earning Investors' Trust: A report on the three themes affecting investor trust today: information, innovation, and influence
- Investment Professional of the Future: A report on the changing roles, skills, and organizational cultures that affect the career path for investment professionals
- Uncertain Futures: 7 Myths about Millennials and Investing: A report in collaboration with the FINRA Foundation on seven common assumptions about millennials as investors and the realities behind those assumptions
- Driving Change: Diversity & Inclusion in Investment Management: A report on where firms currently stand in diversity & inclusion and ideas for how to move forward
- Investment Firm of the Future: A report on what the investment firm of the future may look like through the prisms of business, investment, operating, people, and distribution models
- The Next Generation of Trust: A global survey on the nature and state of investor trust
- Future State of the Investment Profession: This report explores how investment professionals can pursue better outcomes
- Discovering Phi: This research uncovered motivation as the hidden variable of performance
- Gender Diversity in Investment Management: Survey report to uncover underlying causes of gender disparity in investment management and help raise awareness of the benefits of diversity
- An Ideal Retirement System: Explore, share, and debate retirement design principles
Equip your clients to participate more fully in their financial future:
- Statement of Investor Rights: 10 rights that investors have when working with a financial professional or organization
- Realize Your Rights (PDF): Questions your clients can ask, to clarify what they can expect from you
- Avoiding Common Investor Mistakes (PDF): Guidance for your clients on avoiding common mistakes investors make
- 7 Steps to Financial Fitness (PDF): Easy-to-follow steps to financial fitness, which requires discipline and determination
- Retirement Essentials (PDF): Guidance for your clients to help them reach their retirement goals
- Focus on Fees (PDF): Guidance on types of fees and the value they provide