GIPS® Standards for Firms
2020 GIPS Standards for FirmsView the standards (PDF)
The needs of investment firms are continually changing. To keep pace, the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) are updated to make them relevant for all firms, including those managing alternative investments and pooled funds.
Key Changes to the GIPS Standards
- Differentiated reporting for composites versus pooled funds
- More focus on the portfolio structure and less on asset classes
- More flexibility for using money-weighted returns versus time-weighted returns
- Ability to present carved-out performance with allocated cash
- More options for advertising GIPS compliance*
Why Should Investment Managers Comply with the GIPS Standards?
Demonstrates commitment to the highest ethical principles for performance reporting
Establishes a basis for fair competition across all markets
Helps asset managers compete as asset owners shift more assets toward private equity, private debt, real estate, and hedge funds
* The GIPS standards trademark should be used in accordance with the GIPS Standards Trademark Usage Guidelines.