The CFA Institute Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) are globally accepted standards considered industry best practice for investment performance reporting and presentation. Adopted by hundreds of organizations around the world, the GIPS standards have been implemented by most of the top asset management firms.
By establishing requirements for consistent and transparent reporting, the GIPS standards empower investors to compare the past performance of asset managers. Find out how the GIPS standards can help your institution improve performance reporting, increase transparency, and enhance credibility.
* among investment managers, and claiming all or part of their business, according to data from Cerulli Associates
Already complying with the GIPS standards and ready to submit the GIPS Compliance Notification Form? Start the process now.
Global Investment Industry Standard
- Industry best practice for institutional asset managers to comply with the GIPS standards
- Establishes a culture of transparency for investment firms and asset owners through voluntary adoption
- Created by industry practitioners in collaboration with local GIPS standards sponsors to ensure continued relevance
- The standards are supported through the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM®) credential offered by CFA Institute
2020 GIPS Standards
Not a CFA Institute member and want to stay in the know on GIPS standards including key updates and events? Sign up for our newsletter.