GIPS® Standards for Firms
2020 GIPS Standards for FirmsView the standards (PDF)
The needs of investment firms are continually changing. To keep pace, the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) are updated to make them relevant for all firms, including those managing alternative investments and pooled funds.
Key Changes to the GIPS Standards
- Differentiated reporting for composites versus pooled funds
- More focus on the portfolio structure and less on asset classes
- More flexibility for using money-weighted returns versus time-weighted returns
- Ability to present carved-out performance with allocated cash
- More options for advertising GIPS compliance*
Why Should Investment Managers Comply with the GIPS Standards?
Demonstrates commitment to the highest ethical principles for performance reporting
Establishes a basis for fair competition across all markets
Helps asset managers compete as asset owners shift more assets toward private equity, private debt, real estate, and hedge funds
Already complying with the GIPS standards and ready to submit the GIPS Compliance Notification Form? Start the process now.
* The GIPS standards trademark should be used in accordance with the GIPS Standards Trademark Usage Guidelines.