Research Objectivity Standards
Helping sell-side investment firms and professionals develop better research reports
Research Objectivity StandardsView the Standards (PDF)
The CFA Institute Research Objectivity Standards help sell-side investment firms and professionals develop objective and independent research reports. They include specific, measurable standards for managing and disclosing conflicts of interest.
What is Covered?
- Firms' research policies
- Public appearances
- Investment banking
- Analyst compensation
- Relationships with other companies
- Personal investments and trading
- Rating systems
Why was it Developed?
- To maintain your firm's reputation; ethical misconduct hurts investor confidence and taints the reputations of all investment professionals
- To gain the competitive advantage that comes from having a reputation for integrity and putting investors' needs before your own
- To demonstrate your commitment to high ethical standards and full disclosure