The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is Kuwait’s financial regulatory agency. The CMA is responsible for developing and supervising the activities of capital markets in Kuwait.
Requirements to Practice
The CMA requires that certain roles at regulated financial institutions meet the Fit and Proper Requirements they have established.
The CFA charter and the CFA Program are recognized as meeting some of the Fit and Proper Requirements for the following functions:
- Board Member
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Senior Executives (Only those responsible for the securities services of the firm)
- Risk Management Officer
- Portfolio Management Representatives
- Collective Investment Scheme Representatives
- Investment Advisory Representatives
- Placements/Marketing of Securities/Sales
- Agent Representatives
For more information, visit the Capital Markets Authority website.