Smart decisions start with research and knowledge. Understanding the world’s financial markets and basic investing principles give individual investors like you a fundamental understanding from which you can build your knowledge and confidence. We recommend you choose a CFA charterholder as a trusted adviser to answer your questions and help ensure you’re making the best decisions for your investment goals.
Build Your Investment Knowledge
We offer articles and tools to help you:
- Understand the basics of investing
- Evaluate your investments
- Make plans for life events like retirement and college
- Work with an adviser
View investment tools and articles
The Forbes/CFA Institute Investment Course is an interactive roadmap to investing in today's challenging stock markets.
- Includes advice for novices, but also accommodates those who are more familiar with markets
- Provides important information on fundamental analysis versus technical analysis
- Details different asset classes: fixed income securities, derivatives, mutual funds, and equities
Learn more about the course and supplemental materials
Choose a CFA Charterholder
If you want to partner with an investment professional with proven expertise and integrity, choose a CFA charterholder. No credential is as widely regarded in the global financial industry.
Learn why you should choose a CFA charterholder