Follow these simple steps to personalize your press release:
- Fill in your own name and the other appropriate information in the spaces provided.
- Proof the release at least twice. Consider also having a friend or co-worker read it over for you.
- Compile a distribution list that includes your local newspapers, business journals, alumni magazines, company newsletter, etc. Be sure to identify all publications that are important to you. With each publication, make sure that the business, finance, or senior editor is identified. To find this person's name, look within a publication's masthead, article heading, or website. If you're not sure who should receive your release, place a phone call to the publication. Also consider sending your press release to the “names in the news” section of your local newspapers.
- Email the release to the contacts on your list. If possible, include your photo with the press release email.
- In your email, make sure the release itself is the text. Do not send the release as an attached word document, because many newspapers will not open attachments for fear of a computer virus.
- Kindly send a copy of your emailed press release to email@example.com.
- Make follow-up calls to each recipient to make sure your email was received and routed to the correct person.
For More Information, Please Call:
(NAME of EMPLOYER or CONTACT)
(DAYTIME TELEPHONE NUMBER)
(NAME) Earns Prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
(CITY, STATE/PROVINCE), (DATE) -- (NAME), a (JOB TITLE) at (NAME of EMPLOYER) in (CITY, STATE), has earned the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation.
The CFA charter, the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world, represents a tradition of upholding the highest standards of education and integrity in the investment profession. The charter is recognized globally by employers, investment professionals, and investors as the definitive standard by which to measure the competence, integrity, and dedication of serious investment professionals.
Recipients of the CFA charter have successfully completed the CFA Program, a graduate-level, self-study curriculum and a series of three intensive examinations taken sequentially, which, in total, takes most candidates between two and five years. Candidate surveys report that preparation for the three exams typically requires at least 900 combined hours of study.
The CFA Program, which is administered by CFA Institute, the global not-for-profit association of investment professionals, sets a standard that is acknowledged around the world for measuring the competence and integrity of financial analysts, portfolio managers, and investment advisers. Currently, more than 100,000 investment professionals in 135 countries and territories hold the CFA charter.
The first CFA exam was administered in 1963. Due to the rigor of the program, only around one in five candidates who enroll in the CFA Program pass all three exams and meet the professional and ethical requirements to earn the charter. Earning the designation demonstrates mastery of the skills most needed for investment analysis and decision making in today’s fast-evolving global financial industry.
Administered worldwide in English, the CFA Program is firmly grounded in the knowledge and skills required every day in the investment profession and covers ethical and professional standards, securities analysis and valuation, international financial statement analysis, quantitative methods, economics, corporate finance, portfolio management, and performance measurement.
[Insert a brief bio paragraph. Sample: (LAST NAME) has worked in the financial industry for (NUMBER) years. A graduate of (NAME of COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY) at (CITY, STATE) (LAST NAME) began (HIS/HER) financial career at (NAME of EMPLOYER) as (A/AN) (TITLE of POSITION) in (CITY, STATE, if not the same as the current position) in (YEAR). He/she then joined (NAME of EMPLOYER) in (YEAR) as a/an (TITLE of POSITION) OR was promoted to (NAME of POSITION) in (YEAR).]
[Insert personal quote. Sample: "I am thrilled to finally receive my charter," (LAST NAME) said. "It represents the successful culmination of hundreds of hours of study and a demonstrated commitment to professionalism and ethics."]
John Bowman, CFA, managing director, Americas at CFA Institute, explained what motivates candidates to make such a significant investment of their time and energy to seek to earn the CFA designation.
“For 50 years, candidates have sought to earn the CFA charter for two chief reasons,” Bowman said. “One, to expand and test their knowledge of current practice across a broad range of investment topics, and two, to demonstrate to clients, employers, and peers their mastery of a demanding body of knowledge.
“In the past decade, as the CFA Program has been adopted as a worldwide standard, the charter also has become an ‘international passport’ to work in financial markets anywhere in the world,” Bowman concluded.
Notes to Editors
About CFA Institute
CFA Institute is the global association for investment professionals. It administers the CFA and CIPM curriculum and exam programs worldwide; publishes research; conducts professional development programs; and sets voluntary, ethics-based professional and performance-reporting standards for the investment industry. CFA Institute has more than 115,000 members, who include the world’s more than 100,000 CFA charterholders, in 138 countries and territories, as well as 138 affiliated professional societies in 60 countries and territories. More information may be found at www.cfainstitute.org.