Note: The study planner will no longer be available after the December 2017 exam.
When you first register for the exam, the "Remaining Study Time" displayed for each topic will be the longest amount of time possible. The estimated amount of remaining study time is based on:
December 2017 candidates: access your study planner in your candidate resources.
Once you check the box to show you have completed a topic area:
- The number of pages in the readings for that topic
- The exam weight of the topic (See exam topic weights.)
- The number of days remaining until the exam date
- The study planner will automatically adjust the remaining estimated study times, reallocating more or less time to the remaining topics.
- A "Test your knowledge" link to the related topic tests will be displayed.
Sample CFA Program Study Planner
Below are the estimated study time suggestions for each Level I topic, based on the amount of time currently available for each exam.