application submission deadlines:
- June 2017 exam: 1 February*
- December 2017 exam: 1 September*
CFA Program Awareness Scholarships are role-based opportunities available to qualified applicants in the media, academic, and financial communities. We also offer an Awareness Scholarship for women who are interested in earning the CFA charter.
In collaboration with our University Relations team, we offer Awareness Scholarships to qualified applicants, such as
- College students attending an affiliated school that is
- A CFA Program Partner
- In our University Recognition Program
Additional Awareness Scholarships offered by CFA Institute include
- Women keenly interested in obtaining the CFA charter
- Employees of qualified regulatory agencies
- College/university faculty
- Media organization employees
Note: CFA Program Access Scholarships, awarded in collaboration with our member societies, provide support to those who may be unable to afford the full price for enrollment and exam registration.
The scholarship waives the one-time CFA Program enrollment fee (if applicable) and reduces the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$350.†
Applicants must meet all CFA Program enrollment requirements. Review the requirements
Awareness Scholarships are awarded as applications are received (before the deadline) and processed.
- Recipients of the June scholarship may only apply it to the upcoming June exam (Levels I, II, and III).
- Recipients of the December scholarship may only apply it to the upcoming December exam (Level I).
To ensure your application is processed without delay:
- Complete your application using the online edit function in the PDF.
- Print the completed form and then add your signature and date.
- Scan and email the completed application as an attachment to email@example.com. Keep your email copy for your records.
Awareness Scholarships Official Rules (PDF)
Scholarships are available for women who do not qualify for other CFA Institute scholarships, who are interested in earning the CFA charter, and who have not yet registered for their next exam. Women working in the investment management industry are encouraged to apply.
The application submission period for the June 2017 exam is now closed and all scholarships have been awarded.
Full-time college or university professors who teach a minimum of six credit hours per quarter or semester or administrators/department heads who teach three hours per quarter or semester at one university are eligible. The university must offer a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher.
Professor scholarship application for the
Student scholarships are awarded through universities and colleges participating in the CFA Program Partners initiative or the University Recognition Program.
Please note the deadlines for submission (included on the form).
Scholarship opportunities are available to full-time, qualified employees of entities that supervise or regulate the operations, standards of practice or business conduct of the investment management industry. To learn more and/or confirm if your organization is a program participant or qualifies to become a participant, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The name of your organization
- Your role within the organization
- A link to the organization’s website
Scholarship opportunities are available to eligible, full-time employees of media organizations who communicate and distribute financial news, data, and education around the world. For more information about CFA Program media scholarships, download the application or contact us at email@example.com
*The Women's Scholarship Program application submission window closes when all scholarships have been awarded. This may occur before the stated deadline of 1 February/September.
†Scholarship candidates are responsible for any additional costs related to selecting/purchasing the curriculum.
The registration fee includes access to the curriculum eBook and a print version of the curriculum can be purchased separately. Therefore we do not issue credits to applicants who wish to purchase the print curriculum in advance. (If you purchase the print curriculum, you will also be responsible for shipping costs and any applicable import duties and taxes.).