The Access Scholarship application for the 2018 exams is now available. Read the scholarship rules and begin your application by following the links below. The application deadline is 15 September.
CFA Program Access Scholarships provide financial support to those who may be unable to afford the full price for program enrollment and exam registration.
The scholarship covers the one-time CFA Program enrollment fee (if applicable) and reduces the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$250.*
Applicants must meet all CFA Program enrollment requirements. Review the requirements
Access Scholarships are awarded on or before 1 December, to be applied to exams in the following year. Access Scholarship recipients may apply the award to the
- June exam (Levels I, II, and III) or
- December exam (Level I only)
You must wait until scholarship notifications occur in December 2017 before you register for the 2018 June exam, or you will be ineligible for the scholarship and your application will be voided.
Because scholarship notifications occur after the early exam registration deadline has passed, CFA Institute offers a US$150 credit toward the June exam registration fee for those applicants who do not receive an Access Scholarship but who still wish to register for the June 2018 exam. The credit is applied during the exam registration checkout/payment process.*
- After you submit your scholarship application, you cannot make changes.
- If your financial situation changes, you may withdraw your application from consideration before 15 October of the year in which you applied.
- If you receive a scholarship and register for the exam, you must sit for that exam or you may be ineligible for future Access Scholarships.
Access Scholarship Official Rules (PDF)
Access the Application
Begin or manage your application (login required).
Note: CFA Program Awareness Scholarships are available to qualified applicants in the academic and financial communities.
*The exam registration fee includes access to the curriculum eBook.
- If you wish to begin studying for the June exam before you are able to register (because you must wait until scholarship notifications occur in December), you may purchase the eBook curriculum in advance by contacting us. If you purchase the eBook curriculum in advance, you will receive a credit for your purchase during the exam registration checkout/payment process.
- A print version of the curriculum may be purchased separately. The print curriculum is not included in the exam registration fee, therefore we do not issue credits to applicants who purchase the print curriculum in advance of exam registration. Scholarship candidates are also responsible for shipping costs and any applicable import duties and taxes related to purchasing the print curriculum.