Updates to the Investment Foundations course of study (PDF) are effective for those who register on or after 1 February 2016.
The Investment Foundations certificate program provides a fundamental understanding of the investment industry through seven topic areas.
All exam questions are based on the material in the eBook. Each topic area corresponds to a module in the eBook:
- Industry Overview
- Ethics and Regulation
- Inputs and Tools
- Investment Instruments
- Industry Structure
- Serving Client Needs
- Industry Controls
Get the details about what's covered in each of these topic areas (PDF).
Preparing for the Exam
After your exam registration payment has been processed, you'll gain access to a variety of study materials and tools to help you succeed.
- Plan to spend approximately 100 hours preparing for the exam, depending on your prior education and experience.
- Schedule your exam for any day and time it's offered, at a test center convenient for you, as long as you take the exam within 6 months of registration.
The eBook contains:
- 20 chapters grouped into 7 modules
- Learning Outcome Statements (LOS) that indicate what you should know after studying each chapter
- Chapter review questions
- A glossary of industry terms
If you registered before 1 February 2016, view your curriculum errata (PDF).
- A personalized, interactive study planner suggests how much time you should plan to spend studying each chapter, depending on your exam date. See a sample study planner
- Chapter review questions, module practice tests, and a mock exam to test your exam readiness
- Your eBook, study planner, practice tests and mock exam are also available through the Investment Foundations mobile study app.
What Candidates Can Expect