Interested in working in financial services?
Looking for a career in the investment industry?
Learn the Essentials of Finance
If you're considering a career in the financial sector, banking field, or investment services but aren't quite sure where to start, the Investment Foundations certificate program offers you an opportunity to learn the essentials in a six-month, self-study, educational course valued by employers around the globe. Learn more about the Investment Foundations certificate program.
Become a CFA Charterholder
If you're interested in a career which offers in-depth analysis and research in the investment industry, the self-study, four-year (average completion rate), graduate-level CFA Program may be the path for you. US military ranks of E-5 and above are designated as leadership positions; four years of this work experience would qualify as the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree for entry into CFA Program. Learn more about the CFA Program.
Find Our Programs on the Veterans Affairs Website
You can verify a program is covered by checking the Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) website:
- Start here: http://inquiry.vba.va.gov/weamspub/buildSearchCountryLCCriteria.do
Note: Don’t use the search by state option. If you search by state the VA search tool will display zero results (other than for Virginia, where CFA Institute is headquartered). All our programs are available online, globally.
- Enter "Chartered Financial Analyst" in the L&C Name box.
- Select “Certification” from the Category Type dropdown menu.
- Select "USA" from the Country dropdown menu.
- Select the "Submit" button.
- Select the "Chartered Financial Analyst Certification" link to see the fees. Note: The dollar amount listed on this page reflects a maximum reimbursement for CFA Program, depending on whether you register during the early, standard, or late exam registration window.
To find the fees for the Investment Foundations, search for CFA Institute Investment Foundations Program.
- The VA requires that you first submit the application for tuition reimbursement eligibility form, VA 22-1990, so they can determine if you are eligible for tuition reimbursement under the GI Bill. You can access the form (and save it) using the Vonapp online application website. It takes 8-12 weeks for the VA to process this general eligibility application.
- Register for an exam (requires full payment).
- Take the exam.
- Receive your exam result. Note: Your exam result (Pass or Did Not Pass) does not determine whether you will be reimbursed. The VA requires it as proof you sat for the exam.
- The final step is to submit form VA 22-0803 (PDF) for actual reimbursement of the exam registration fee you paid. Please contact us when you are filling out this application to confirm the exact wording required by the VA. The wording on the form must be exact or the VA will not process your application. Processing time for reimbursement is also 8-12 weeks.
Still have questions? Please feel free to contact us.
More Information About the GI Bill