Future of Finance
Leveraging our global network of members, we are uniquely positioned to help shape a more trustworthy, forward-thinking investment profession that better serves society. The Future of Finance works with a distinguished advisory council and a content council of industry leaders who provide input for projects and share our ideas throughout the investment community.
Our goal is to motivate and empower the world of finance to become an environment where investor interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. Our Future of Finance work focuses on opportunities for change.
Featured Study: Investment Firm of the Future
The Investment Firm of the Future report explores five business models and how they must shift to address changes in the investment profession over the next 5-10 years.
Research, Analysis, and Insights
Our resources help you stay informed about important trends and industry developments:
- Uncertain Futures: 7 Myths about Millennials and Investing: A report collaborated between CFA Institute Future of Finance and FINRA Foundation on seven common assumptions about millennials and the truth about those assumptions.
- Driving Change: Diversity & Inclusion in Investment Management: A report on where firms currently stand in diversity & inclusion and ideas for how to move forward.
- Investment Firm of the Future: A report on what the investment firm of the future may look like through the prisms of business, investment, operating, people, and distribution models.
- The Next Generation of Trust: A global survey on the nature and state of investor trust
- Future State of the Investment Profession: This report explores how investment professionals can pursue better outcomes
- Discovering Phi: This research uncovered motivation as the hidden variable of performance
Take Action and Get Involved
Join us in supporting initiatives that prioritize investor interests and improve investor outcomes:
Empower Your Clients
Equip your clients to participate more fully in their financial future:
- Realize Your Rights (PDF): Questions your clients can ask, to clarify what they can expect from you
- Avoiding Common Investor Mistakes (PDF): Guidance for your clients on avoiding common mistakes investors make
- 7 Steps to Financial Fitness (PDF): Easy-to-follow steps to financial fitness, which requires discipline and determination
- Retirement Essentials (PDF): Guidance for your clients to help them reach their retirement goals
- Focus on Fees (PDF): Guidance on types of fees and the value they provide