Future of Finance
Leveraging our global network of members, we are uniquely positioned to help shape a more trustworthy, forward-thinking investment profession that better serves society. The Future of Finance works with a distinguished advisory council and a content council of industry leaders who provide input for projects and share our ideas throughout the investment community.
Our goal is to motivate and empower the world of finance to become an environment where investor interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. Our Future of Finance work focuses on opportunities for change.
Just Released: New Investor Trust Study
Our third investor trust survey examines changing investor expectations and how a new generation of investors and new investment tools are affecting the nature of trust.
Research, Analysis, and Insights
Our resources help you stay informed about important trends and industry developments:
- The Next Generation of Trust: A global survey on the nature and state of investor trust
- Future State of the Investment Profession: This report explores how investment professionals can pursue better outcomes
- Discovering Phi: This research uncovered motivation as the hidden variable of performance
- 2017 ESG Survey: Read the latest member survey on environmental, sustainability, and governance issues in investing
Take Action and Get Involved
Join us in supporting initiatives that prioritize investor interests and improve investor outcomes:
- Putting Investors First: See what actions you can take and review and share the Statement of Investor Rights (available in 28 languages)
- Women in Investment Management: Read the Gender Diversity Study and help raise awareness of the benefits of diversity
- The Integrity List: Incorporate these actions into your practice to build and maintain trust
- An Ideal Retirement System: Explore, share, and debate retirement design principles
Empower Your Clients
Equip your clients to participate more fully in their financial future:
- Realize Your Rights (PDF): Questions your clients can ask, to clarify what they can expect from you
- Avoiding Common Investor Mistakes (PDF): Guidance for your clients on avoiding common mistakes investors make
- 7 Steps to Financial Fitness (PDF): Easy-to-follow steps to financial fitness, which requires discipline and determination
- Retirement Essentials (PDF): Guidance for your clients to help them reach their retirement goals
- Focus on Fees (PDF): Guidance on types of fees and the value they provide