The collaboration between CFA Institute and Approved Prep Providers helps achieve our mission to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
Shared goals include:
- helping candidates master concepts and pass exams,
- upholding the quality and reputation of CFA Institute programs, and
- understanding the importance of relationships with candidates.
Providers accepted into the Approved Prep Provider (APP) Program will adhere to best practices
(PDF) and Terms and Conditions. They will receive benefits to help achieve these shared program goals as outlined in the agreement, including:
- improving overall candidate communications,
- sharing trends and changes with candidates and CFA Institute, and
- ensuring compliance with the supplemental role of prep provider products and services.
Participation in the APP Program is voluntary and open to prep providers that:
- develop a substantial portion of their own content and/or courses (pure resellers of third-party materials will not be accepted) or have permissions to use a third-party provider’s materials but provide their own qualified instructors,
- have been providing preparatory services for at least one CFA Institute program for at least one year, and
- agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the APP Program.
Approved Prep Providers enjoy:
- the opportunity to purchase candidate mailing lists,
- candidate pass rate analysis reports,
- Learning Outcome Statements (LOS),
- access to the online resource center,
- promotion of APP Program status through various CFA Institute communications, including this website, and
- use of the Approved Prep Provider logo
Best practices include:
- abiding by all CFA Institute requirements,
- effective communication of the educational purpose and principles of CFA Institute programs,
- delivery of high-quality supplemental materials consistent with the current curriculum and exam,
- collection and sharing of candidate feedback regarding courses and prep products,
- not asking candidates to share test questions or topics with the provider after an exam (from memory or otherwise),
- accurate communication to candidates regarding the time commitment required for proper preparation for CFA Institute programs, and
- truthful, transparent, and fair advertising.
View more details about our best practices (PDF).