Professional Conduct Volunteer Opportunities
To protect the integrity of our charter, CFA Institute has programs and committees that monitor and enforce our values and standards. We recruit CFA Institute members to serve as volunteers for those programs and committees. Serving as a volunteer is an excellent way to build your network and enhance your leadership and communication skills.
Become a Liaison for the Professional Conduct Program
The Professional Conduct Program holds CFA Institute members and candidates accountable for following our codes, standards, rules, and regulations.
We work with liaisons from around the world to engage with CFA Societies and:
- Identify public information sources that may be useful to the Professional Conduct Program
- Confirm the identities of CFA Institute members and candidates in local societies
- Share information with CFA Institute members about regulatory actions happening in their local region
- Encourage CFA Institute members to do their part to protect the CFA charter
Join the Disciplinary Review Committee
The Disciplinary Review Committee (DRC) enforces the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct and the rules and regulations of the CFA Program. We recruit CFA Institute members to contribute to the disciplinary review process.
- Hear and decide disciplinary matters
- Review and decide appeals
- Review and recommend changes to the CFA Institute Rules of Procedure
DRC members serve for a term of one year, renewable annually for a maximum of six (6) years. Terms may be staggered to allow for turnover and continuity.
The DRC Nominating Committee recruits charterholder members. We strive for a fair representation of different areas of practice, experience, history of volunteer involvement, commitment to ethical standards, and geographic locations of CFA Institute members.
The DRC Nominating Committee is led by the current DRC Chair, the DRC past chair, one DRC member selected by the DRC, the CFA Institute staff executive to the DRC, and one regular CFA Institute member selected by the designated Board oversight committee.
The Disciplinary Review Committee is currently accepting new applicants.