Learn more about the CFA Institute Board of Governors and Leadership Team on our Leadership page.
2022 Proxy Voting & Annual Meeting of Members
2022 Proxy Voting
Proxy voting opens on 17 May 2022 and closes at 11:59 am ET on 13 July. For the 2022 vote, we are partnering with Election Services Corporation, a proxy voting tabulator.
Eligible members can vote using the secure link sent beginning 17 May to their email address on record or by entering the election validation number included in the email and their CFA Institute ID (available in their profile) on the voting site.
Those requiring additional assistance with voting can email Election Services Corporation at [email protected] or call toll free +1 (866) 720-4357 / (516) 688-7013.
Voting matters for 2022 include the following:
- Approve amendments to the CFA Institute Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. These amendments aim to provide the organization with flexibility for future expansion (including the ability to add non-voting membership classes), enhance transparency, align with best practice, and refine our governance.
- Elect a Chair and a Vice Chair to the CFA Institute Board of Governors for fiscal year 2023.
- Elect four Governors, each to serve a term beginning 1 September 2022 and ending 31 August 2025.
- Ratify the selection of an independent registered public accounting firm for fiscal year 2022.
Learn more in the 2022 Proxy Statement.*
*Please Note: A typographical correction has been made to page 48 of the proxy statement. Proposal 5 that amends Article 3.6 – Voting Rights inadvertently identified deleting language which shall remain in the article as follows: … and each shall be entitled to one (1) vote on each matter submitted to the Regular Members.
Annual Meeting of Members
The FY2022 Annual Meeting of Members will be held on 14 July 2022. Please register here to attend the meeting. You will be able to access the meeting recording here shortly after the session.
The Board of Governors, on the recommendation of the Nominating Committee, have approved the following slate of officers and governors to be presented to the membership for election at the 14 July 2022 Annual Meeting of Members:
Officers: (term length: 1 September 2022 – 31 August 2023)
- Chair: Mark Lazberger, CFA*
- Vice Chair: Tricia Rothschild, CFA*
Governors: (term length: 1 September 2022 – 31 August 2025)
- Oyebanji Fehintola, CFA
- Mei Gao, CFA
- Tricia Rothschild, CFA**
- Maria Wilton, CFA**
*Second consecutive Officer term
**Second three-year Governor term
Board of Governor Application Process
The FY2023 application window for the three-year term, beginning 1 September 2022, has closed. The Nominating Committee solicits for new candidate recommendations throughout the year on a rolling basis. Any Governor application forms submitted prior to 31 October 2022 will be considered for the FY2024 new Governor process. If you, or someone you know, meets one or more of the below criteria please encourage them complete the Governor Application Form
If you would like to nominate an individual for the CFA Institute Board of Governors, please submit their name and email address to [email protected].
Past Chairs of CFA Institute
View the list of individuals who have previously served as the Chair of the CFA Institute Board of Governors on the Past Chairs of CFA Institute page.
Annual Reports and 990s
Learn more about CFA Institute by visiting our Annual Reports and 990s page.
- CFA Institute Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
- Code of Conduct for CFA Institute Governors
- Board Nominations Process
- CFA Institute Inspirational Leader Award
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Policy on Raising Concerns
- Openness and Transparency Policy
- Guiding Principles for Setting the CFA Examination Minimum Passing Score
- Additional Educational Designations and Certification Guiding Principles
- Volunteer and Non-Employee Handbook
The Board of Governors serves in a variety of roles critical to the governance of CFA Institute and utilizes the following committees to assist with the fulfillment of its oversight functions.
Committees & Councils
Beyond the Board Committees, there are many other ways our members serve the profession, participation on the governing bodies that direct key initiatives at CFA Institute is an essential contribution.