Student participants can use these free resources from CFA Institute and our sponsors to help them from preparation through presentation.
Using Workspace for Students from Refinitiv
- Workspace for Students
Please note: Gaining access to Workspace is contingent on successful registration for the CFA Institute Research Challenge. Students will have the ability to request access to the platform during registration. Once a student has claimed their access by agreeing to Refinitiv’s terms and conditions, they will receive valid Workspace login credentials.
Learn the Basics
- Refinitiv Workspace for Students - Presentation (PPT)
- Refinitiv Workspace for Students Factsheet (PDF)
- Refinitiv Workspace for Students Quickstart Guide (PDF)
This video gallery includes videos on the following:
- Introducing Refinitiv Workspace for Students
- Installing Refinitiv Workspace & Web Access
- Refinitiv Workspace - Basic Navigation (Web Access)
- Maximize Searching (Web Access)
- Working with Layouts (Web Access)
- Settings (Web Access)
- Working with Charts
- Retrieving data to Excel Using the Formula Builder
For any concerns you have with Workspace, please contact CFA Institute (email@example.com).
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
CFA Institute has many resources on the ESG Investing and Analysis page.
Researching the Subject Company
- Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts, Chapter 20: Essentials for Buy-Side and Sell-Side Analysts (PDF)
- After the Credit Crisis: Transparency and Other Issues in Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Analysis — How to Spot Red Flags
- How to Read a 10-Q
- Relative Valuation: Improving the Analysis and Use of Multiples
- Financial Shenanigans: How to Detect Accounting Gimmicks and Fraud in Financial Reports