CIPM Program Identification Policy
CFA Institute requires that every CIPM® Program candidate have a valid international travel passport. This policy establishes one global standard we can use to confirm the identity of our candidates.
A valid international travel passport is the only form of identification accepted for the CIPM Program. This policy establishes one global standard we use to confirm the identity of our candidates.
A valid international travel passport
- Certifies your identity for the purpose of international travel (learn more about unacceptable forms of ID);
- Is an original document (photocopies are not allowed) and is current (not expired);
- Contains your name* exactly as it is in your CFA Institute account
- If your name does not exactly match, you will not be permitted to take the exam and you will forfeit your registration fee. Failure by proctors to detect an invalid ID does not imply the ID is valid or that you will receive an exam result.
- To change your name you must submit an Name/Identification Change Form (PDF). Processing time is 3–5 business days upon receipt, with the exception of peak exam periods.
- Is machine readable** (handwritten passports will not be accepted); and
- Includes a recognizable photograph on the passport data page.
|Name on Passport||Name on Prometric Roster|
|Doe Maria Jane||Maria Jane Doe|
|Maria Jane Doe||Jane Maria Doe|
|MARIA JANE DOE||Maria Jane Doe|
|Maria Jane Doé||Maria Jane Doe|
**The United Nations agency ICAO has determined that all non machine-readable passports are considered expired as of 24 November 2015. Therefore, international travel passports that are not machine-readable (including handwritten passports) will be considered invalid for entry into the CIPM exam. Please note: A machine readable passport has two lines of text as letters, numbers and chevrons (<<<<<) at the bottom of the data page (the page containing your photo and personal information) of your passport.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about our identification policy.