Certificate in ESG Investing Refunds, Deferrals, and Withdrawals Policy
For candidates submitting an initial registration for the Certificate in ESG Investing in 2021, a full refund of your registration fees is available within fourteen (14) days of payment (through 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the fourteenth day). An initial registration does not include a registration made to reschedule an exam sitting that was either deferred by the candidate or postponed by CFA Institute. Due to fluctuating exchange rates, CFA Institute cannot guarantee the exact amount paid to CFA Institute will be the amount returned in currency other than US currency. After the fourteen-day period has ended, registration fees are nonrefundable, even in the event of a medical condition or other extreme circumstance. Registration fees are non-transferrable. Payments for print curriculum orders are nonrefundable once the order has been placed. CFA Institute strongly advises candidates against requesting a refund for an exam under these policies in an attempt to obtain a larger refund.
Deferrals are considered on a case-by-case basis, and only in the event that a candidate’s exam appointment cannot be rescheduled within a 12-month window. Below are the qualifying deferral reasons:
- You or your immediate family member (parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, or child) are suffering from a life-threatening illness, that has been diagnosed since you registered for your current exam.
- A member of your immediate family (parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, or child) has recently died.
- You have been ordered to mandatory military deployment in your testing window.
- You are pregnant.
- In the 14-days prior to your exam appointment (for in-person testing only):
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 and cannot provide a negative COVID test and/or cannot be rescheduled for an online proctored exam.
- You have been experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- You are unable to travel to your exam appointment due to a government, employer, or university pandemic-related travel restriction in your area.
Deferral requests must be received by CFA Institute prior to or within 10 US business days of the scheduled exam appointment. Decisions on deferrals are final and are at the sole discretion of CFA Institute.
If you are responsible for a terminated exam either due to a technical issue or failure to follow testing personnel instructions, your exam fees are non-refundable, and non-transferable.Withdrawal Policy:
CFA Institute offers a withdrawal option for the Certificate in ESG Investing.
If you know you will not be able to sit for the exam during your 12-month exam window, you may request to withdraw your exam registration prior to or within 10 US business days of the scheduled exam appointment. Candidates that request to withdraw their exam registration must acknowledge that their enrollment and registration fees will not be refunded, deferred, or transferred to another exam cycle.
Please allow up to 3 days for processing. Once processed, withdrawals cannot be reversed.