CFA® Exam Disability Accommodations
We're committed to offering the CFA exam in a manner and location accessible to individuals with disabilities, in compliance with legal regulations.
We grant disability accommodations to candidates whose physical or mental impairment substantially limits, as compared to the general population, their ability to sit for the exam.
Deadlines to request disability accommodations coincide with exam registration deadlines.
The deadline has passed to request testing accommodations for the December 2019 exam.
June 2020 Exam Disability Accommodations
Deadline to request disability accommodations for early registration
7 October 2019
Deadline to request disability accommodations for standard registration
17 February 2020
Deadline to request disability accommodations for late registration
16 March 2020
Exam Day: Asia Pacific (Levels II & III); Americas and EMEA (all levels)
6 June 2020
Exam Day: Asia Pacific (Level I only)
7 June 2020
We only review requests submitted online and complete with all of the required documentation, before the deadline, by candidates who are registered for an exam.
- Your completed form and supporting documentation must be submitted in English and must be received by the applicable deadline noted above. Once received, we will confirm receipt via email.
- All of the required documentation must be submitted within two (2) business days of submitting the Disability Accommodations Request Form.
- Please allow four to six (6) weeks for the processing of your request. We will notify you regarding the status of your request once it has been evaluated.
- CFA Institute does not guarantee that your request for disability accommodations will be granted, even if you have previously received disability accommodations.
For Registered Candidates
Submitting a Request
Once you have registered for an exam, you will be required to submit the following as part of your request for accommodations within two (2) business days of submitting the Disability Accommodations Request Form.
Our Disability Accommodations Request Form
To submit the request form, you will need to provide details about your disability and the type(s) of accommodations you are requesting. Login required.
The Medical Professional Questionnaire (PDF)
This form must be filled out by a qualified professional and returned to us.
Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation You will need to submit your most recent evaluation, which must be three years old or less (see below for details).
Supporting Documentation This may include school records, grades/transcripts, previous standardized test results (such as SAT/ACT), evidence of prior testing accommodations, past comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, or any other documentation demonstrating a history of significant impairment or limitation.
Guidelines for the Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation
- The evaluation should be conducted by a qualified professional with expertise in the disability for which the accommodation is sought.
- Clearly state the diagnosed disability.
- Be up-to-date and comprehensive; as a guideline, CFA Institute suggests that your most recent evaluation is less than three years old.
- With the exception of physical disabilities, the qualified professional should consider the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) or equivalent diagnostic standards (non-US) when making a diagnosis.
- Include a complete historical educational, developmental, and medical history relevant to the disability for which disability accommodations are being requested.
- Include a list of the testing instruments and scores used to document the disability.
- Describe the specific accommodations requested.
- If the condition for which the accommodation sought is treatable with corrective lenses, explain past and current treatments for this condition and the effects of these treatments in ameliorating symptoms.
- Be typed or printed on official letterhead and signed by an evaluator qualified to make the diagnosis (inclusive of information about license or certification and area of specialization).