The CFA Institute Certificate in ESG Investing exam:
- Consists of 100 questions in total, split between the following question types:
- Standard multiple choice questions, and
- Item set questions. Item sets consist of a vignette followed by 4-6 multiple choice questions which can be answered based on the information provided in the vignette.
- To be completed within 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Administered in person at test centers in select markets*
- Online proctoring is available, depending on local regulations and system capability
*ProProctor remote proctoring for CFA Institute Certificate in ESG Investing is not available in all markets at this time. Please check if remote examination or a physical test center is available in your area before registering.
Exam Fees, Costs, and Scheduling
Exam Registration FeeUSD 675
You can register for the Certificate in ESG Investing, USD 675. You may choose to purchase a hard copy of the syllabus (the Official Training Manual) after registration for an additional USD135 + shipping.
Once registered, you will have up to one full year to schedule your exam with Prometric. We recommend beginning to study before scheduling. Then depending on your study pacing, schedule your exam one month prior to your desired exam period. At a minimum, allow 2 working days after receiving your registration confirmation to schedule your exam.
If you do not schedule your exam within this period, you may re-register for USD 675.
Which Option is Right for You: In-Person Site Testing or Online Proctored Testing
CFA Institute now offers two different ways to take your exam: In-Person Site Testing (IST) at a testing center, or Online Proctored Testing (OPT), where you may take the test at home if you meet certain strict vendor requirements.
Want to learn more about these options?
|In-Person Site Testing (IST)||Online Proctored Testing (OPT)|
|General Testing Requirements||
Equipment & Internet Capabilities
|Questions to Answer Before You Register and/or Schedule||
- Exams are graded as either "pass" or "did not pass," along with detailed performance feedback.
- Your exam results will be provided on-screen at the end of your examination, and a copy will be emailed to you.
- You can access your score report to view your results within 24 hours of exam completion via https://scorereports.prometric.com/
- Your results will also be available in your CFA Institute account within 14 days of your completed exam appointment.