The CFA Institute Certificate in ESG Investing exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions.
- To be completed within 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Section 1: Exam Questions
- Section 2: End of Exam Notification
- Section 3: Survey
Exam Fees, Costs, and Scheduling
Exam Registration FeeUSD 795
The registration fee for the Certificate in ESG Investing is USD795.
The Certificate in ESG Investing is not yet offered globally. We are working to expand the certificate into additional markets. At this time, for example, we are not able to test candidates on mainland China. This applies to in person testing as well as online proctored exams. We are working with local regulators to obtain approval to test candidates in the region. Once approval is obtained, we will update this notice. Please review the complete list of test center locations before registering.
Once registered, you will have up to 6 months to schedule your exam with Prometric. We recommend beginning to study before scheduling. Then depending on your study pacing, schedule your exam one month prior to your desired exam period. At a minimum, allow 2 working days after receiving your registration confirmation to schedule your exam.
Which Option is Right for You: In-Person Site Testing or Online Proctored Testing
CFA Institute now offers two different ways to take your exam: In-Person Site Testing (IST) at a testing center, or Online Proctored Testing (OPT), where you may take the test at home if you meet certain strict vendor requirements.
Want to learn more about these options?
|In-Person Site Testing (IST)||Online Proctored Testing (OPT)|
|General Testing Requirements||
Equipment & Internet Capabilities
|Questions to Answer Before You Register and/or Schedule||
|Questions to Answer Before Test Day||
- Exams are graded as either "pass" or "did not pass," along with detailed performance feedback. Read this guide on Understanding Your Exam Result.
- Your exam results will be provided on-screen at the end of your examination, and a copy will be emailed to you.
- You can access your score report to view your results within 24 hours of exam completion via https://scorereports.prometric.com/
- Your results will also be available in your CFA Institute account within 14 days of your completed exam appointment.